Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 20, 2019, 07:59:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the forum.                           Just browsing? Register to get full access as some areas are 'members only'                                 Problems? admin@cavedwellers.co.uk

+  Cavedwellers
|-+  Community
| |-+  Sporting Goods
| | |-+  English Premier League
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: English Premier League  (Read 2563 times)
Vic VDB
Missioner

« on: August 24, 2011, 07:49:46 AM »

A tough match for Arsenal tonight, especially as they have been forced to sell Nasri (contracts are worthless in football) and have injuries and spaces.

Spurs looked great for first half but second was a disaster. Found myself supporting them and felt sorry for Friedel.

Football press tell us premier title already between two Manchester clubs.

Going to be an interesting season for many reasons!!!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
revtim

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

It's already been an interesting season for Plymouth Argyle, now at the other end of the league. Mismanagement, broken promises, unpaid staff, dodgy investors, we've had the lot. There's just a glimmer of hope we might now have a real buyer. Or else we could be out of business at the end of the month.

Our total debts are about 17m - less than the price of a single Premier league player.
revtim

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »

It's still looking pretty bleak for Arsenal, especially as Sagna has now broken his leg.
Vic VDB
Missioner

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »

It does indeed.

Should never have asked God to let me understand what it felt like to support Tottenham :)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Vic VDB
Missioner

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:41:57 AM »

Really shouldn't have asked God to let me know!!

What on earth is happening with top clubs though - a much more competitive 2012 in prospect (just need to overtake Spuds first to make me really smile though - sorry Andy)

AndyHB

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »

Really shouldn't have asked God to let me know!!

What on earth is happening with top clubs though - a much more competitive 2012 in prospect (just need to overtake Spuds first to make me really smile though - sorry Andy)
If you hadn't lost yesterday, you could at least have stayed a position behind us, albeit having played a match more than us!!  Mind you, I tend to prefer having the points than spare games!!

Growing old is compulsory: growing up is optional.

Have you visited the Garw Valley Railway yet?
Vic VDB
Missioner

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »

Indeed, I'm in the same frame of mind -points always preferable.

It did help that Liverpool gave us a bit of a gap last night though :)

AndyHB

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

That was quite some result from the Gooners over the weekend!!

Growing old is compulsory: growing up is optional.

Have you visited the Garw Valley Railway yet?
Vic VDB
Missioner

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »

It was :)

So 'Arry's off the 'ook
Is he org to the FA now?

Vic VDB
Missioner

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 06:48:10 PM »

Cries of Thierry Henry resounded last night :)

What happened to Newcastle, did they leave the scoring (playing?) fairy at home yesterday - great game for the spuds and helped us to sit nicely in fourth (Thank you 'Arry - got any spare dosh lying around you'd like to use for church building building?)

:)

revtim

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

Good result for Arsenal at the weekend. Why all these goals at the top of the Premier League this year?
Vic VDB
Missioner

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »

Not sure about the goals - even less sure about AVB and the Chelski situation.

Andy - bit of a sad show for your guys, especially when they were never three goals worse than Manure!

It certainly is a funny old game

V

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length